March 19, 2021
I hope that you and your families continue to be safe and well, in the current situation. After a long and challenging lockdown 3.0 situation, I would firstly like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your understanding and support during this time, it means a lot to us.
The school will close to pupils on Thursday 25th March 2021 at 1pm. On Friday 26th March 2021, we will be running our pupil reports day. This will give you the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress throughout the term. All parents/carers will be contacted with individual arrangements for your child.
Covid – 19 Holiday Easter Holiday Guidance
The DFE have issued guidance on the 12th March to make all staff, parents and carers aware of the following information.
· Where a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school, the school should not be contacted. Parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
· For the first 6 days after teaching ends, if a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, the school is asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school.
· If your child attends Springwell Dene, please ring Dave Bromby on 07825053020
· If your child attends Pallion, please ring Rob Giles on 07780004701.
· This will only need to take place until Wednesday 24th March 2021.
Free School Meal Vouchers
We will be providing those families who are entitled to Free School Vouchers with £25 supermarket voucher to cover the costs of FSM over the holidays. These will be emailed or posted out during the last week of term.
Mindful Moments Drop In Sessions
Holiday drop-in mindfulness appointments, will be available on Wednesday 24th March and Wednesday 31st 2021, between 9am – 3pm. Please contact Nicole to make an appointment – 07887588997
Secondary Pupils – Home Testing
Throughout this term, we have been completing lateral flow tests in school twice a week. It is important for pupils to keep testing through the Easter holidays to manage the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), as part of a regular habit of testing at home every 3-4 days (twice a week). We suggest that tests are carried out on a Monday and a Friday.
Pupils will receive a pack of 3 or 7 tests in a box with a leaflet on how to take the test and report the results. The result of each test needs to be reported using the NHS Test & Trace self-report
Parents will also need to tell the school the result of each test, if they are positive. We will then return to twice weekly assisted lateral flow tests in school for the Summer Term.
We would like to inform parents/carers of two dates for the remaining training days to be taken in the Summer Term, the first one is to re-schedule the cancelled day in January.
Friday 28th May 2021
Friday 2nd July 2021
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your support this term in ensuring a safe and purposeful return to the classroom. Despite our current circumstances, our children and young people have continued to impress us with their eagerness to get involved in all that we have had to offer this term – we couldn’t be more proud of them.
On behalf of all of the staff here at The Link School, I wish you a safe and happy Easter and look forward to welcoming our pupils back for our third term on Monday 12th April, 2021.
To download or print this letter – Click Here
Link School Springwell Dene
Swindon Road, Springwell, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear SR3 4EE
Tel: 0191 561 5777
Link School Pallion
Waverley Terrace, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear SR4 6TA
Tel: 0191 561 4777